- Use of anodised aircraft aluminium and special stainless steel
- Surface treatment with dry lubricant
- Chromate conversion coating of the grounding contacts
- Sealing rings made of PTFE
- Temperature-resistant lubricating grease
Application example in aviation: precision landing for aviation safety.
On an aircraft the high-lift system controls the leading-edge slats and the landing flaps to reduce the distance required when taking off and landing. If the main hydraulic system malfunctions, the electro-mechanical back-up system cuts in.
SPN supplies custom-designed planetary gear units and gear components for this system that meet the highest demands: Besides low wall thickness, important factors for a weight-optimised design are positive-fitting joints with high safety factors and 100% corrosion resistance.
Stringent test methods and seamless documentation of all steps from materials procurement to manufacturing to transport guarantee maximum safety in this highly sensitive field.